Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Anybody near Missouri?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody near Missouri?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    I am 90% they are A7-500

    Look at the back....small dial plate for the L-pad...look 60's to me...also note one blue one has a green driver showing...

    Black pair is likely early 70's.
    I hope they still have all or most of the original drivers/crossovers.....
    Being of "Sound" Mind

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody near Missouri?

    St Joe's (one of) my old stomping grounds. Used to accompany a local gal to her Mo West activities, I may have even heard them there before. "May have" is as close as I can get though, those days are pretty foggy now.

    Come to think about it, they were pretty foggy then too.

    Brewer & Shipley's Tarkio Road is just a nod away from there (and quite the inspirition);

    YouTube - Brewer-Shipley-Tarkio Road
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Anybody near Missouri?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody near Missouri?

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    I may have even heard them there before. "May have" is as close as I can get though, those days are pretty foggy now.

    Come to think about it, they were pretty foggy then too.

    "one toke over the line" eh?
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody near Missouri?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    "one toke over the line" eh?
    Who counted? One or one-hundred mattered little when the line was a moving target.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member badtoby's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2010
    Location
    East of oz
    Posts
    118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody near Missouri?

    Checked these out yesterday . Ruff condition the black set had the CD's painted black and no binding post wired direct to the frams only one of the frams of the 4 checked out with a meter. They have fabric covers on the front so who knows what the LF drivers are or the condition.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody near Missouri?

    Pretty safe bet Mo West wouldn't have retired them if they weren't thrashed.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Anybody near Missouri?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody near Missouri?

    Quote Originally Posted by badtoby View Post
    Checked these out yesterday . Ruff condition the black set had the CD's painted black and no binding post wired direct to the frams only one of the frams of the 4 checked out with a meter. They have fabric covers on the front so who knows what the LF drivers are or the condition.
    Terminals aren't a big concern...3 dead frams is 300 clams...a flashlight usually will let you see what's behind most grilles...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28184593 times.